Maharastra: Online RTE admission to start on February 23

Setting the ball rolling for online admissions for the 25% quota under Right To Education Act, the state primary education department on Saturday announced the process for this year. In the first phase, unaided schools will need to register themselves, which will be followed by students applying to schools of their choice. The government claims to have fixed the bugs that had marred the process last year.

Under RTE, all schools, barring the exception of those having minority status, have to reserve one-fourth of their seats for underprivileged students from their vicinity. In its bid to ensure better transparency, the government had last year made it mandatory for schools and parents to take the online route.

Addressing mediapersons in Pune, education department officials said schools from across the state will need to upload details such as entry level, age criteria and number of seats available under RTE on www.rte25admission.maharashtra.gov.in between February 16 and February 21. Schools claiming as ‘minority’ will be granted relief only after thorough inspection of their documents, they said.

The portal will allow parents to go for the admission of their wards by filling the online forms from February 23 to March 7.

To check the efficiency of the process, the department has decided to run a pilot project in Nashik and Panvel Taluka where schools will register themselves from February 9 to February 14, while parents will be allowed to do their bit from 16th to 28th of this month.

The RTE online admission process saw 312 schools registering in 2014, of which one was taken off the list after being declared minority. However, chaos prevailed as parents began to fill the admission forms. In several cases, the system did not show all the schools in a particular area. Many schools were shown in wrong places. For instance, a school located in Chembur was shown in Bandra. The map on the system showed a few schools in the Arabian Sea.

Mahavir Mane, director, primary education, assured that parents won’t have go through the ordeal this time. “This time, we have chosen the National Informatics Centre for the RTE process. All schools will be mapped with the help of google and there will be no errors as far as giving the their locations.”

Source: DNA, http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-online-rte-admission-to-start-on-february-23-maharashtra-government-says-it-will-be-smooth-this-time-2059086

Karnataka: Online applications for RTE seats a hit

Inspite of technical hindrances, online application submission process introduced to apply for 25 per cent reserved seats in private schools (except minority) under Right of Education Act for the academic year 2015-16, has proved a success.

In the first ten days, from January 18 to 28, more than 43, 753 applications have been submitted online in the State. February 19 will be the last date for online submission of the applications.

Several classes

According to Department of Public Instruction sources, in ten days 22,498 applications have been submitted for pre-primary (LKG) and 21, 255 applications for Class one. Among 34 districts, Bengaluru North tops with 10,665 applications (4,650 LKG, 6,015 Class one), followed by Bengaluru South with 7,723 applications (3,617 LKG, 4,106 Class one), Bellary with 2,474 applications (751 LKG, 1,723 Class one) and Mysuru with 2,131 applications (1,368 LKG, 763 Class one).

In Dakshina Kannada 238 members have been applied (54 LKG, 184 Class one), 634 in Udupi (622 LKG, 12 Class one) and 180 applications have been uploaded in Kodagu (133 LKG, 47 Class one).
The online system has received good response in North Karnataka as well.

However, Sirsi (22) and Uttara Kannada (39) are yet to reach three digit mark.

Information on website

“There was a problem in submission of application at the beginning which has been solved now. We have not received any call from parents about the inconvenience. They can apply for the seats off-line also; however they should enter the information online with original documents. Information has been provided in the department website- www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in, under ‘instructions’,” a department staff told Deccan Herald.

For the verification of the applications, sometimes problem occurs during the ‘login’ stage, he added.

Karnataka: Parents to set up helpline for RTE applicants

With the admissions for the RTE quota all set to go online from Sunday, parents whose children got RTE quota seats last year, will set up three helpline centres to guide parents who wish to apply for the seats this academic year.

RTE Students and Parents Association chief secretary B.N. Yogananda said: “We urged the Education Department to open helpline centres in all wards and also accept applications at the BangaloreOne, MysoreOne Centres. As we have not heard from the department, we have decided to open helpline centres. We can extend this service to all wards in the city, if the government supports us.”

The RTE Helpline centres will function between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily till February 19.

The contact details are: RTE Students and Parents Association, No. 80/1, 13th Cross, 1st K Block, Rajajinagar (ph: 8884676944); Priyadarshini Health Care and Public Information Centre, 5th Main, ‘D’ Block, 2nd Stage, Rajajinagar (ph: 9845029593 or 7899882346); Mathikere Youth Association, 3rd Main Road, 4th B Cross, Mathikere (ph: 9448064861 or 9986455557).

The association has demanded that the list of minority institutions be made public so that schools later do not claim self-styled minority status once the admission process begins.

TN: CBSE schools brought under DSE for RTE Act implementation

Tamil Nadu Government has issued a notification bringing all schools affiliated to boards other than state boards under the control of its Director of School Education for implementation of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009.

This was stated in a submission by Government Pleader Krishna Kumar before a bench of Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice M. Sathyanarayanan of Madras High Court during the hearing of a PIL.

The petition by one A.V.Pandian sought to implement the provisions of the RTE Act in respect of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) schools and action against schools functioning without recognition in the state.

Recording the submission, the bench disposed of the PIL, saying in view of the September 19, 2014 notification, “learned counsel for the petitioner states that no further directions are required in this petition other than effective implementation of the same. The writ petition thus stands disposed of.”

Petitioner had contended that when the CBSE regulations and the RTE Act made it mandatory for all the schools including CBSE to obtain recognition from the state authorities, the CBSE schools were let loose without any proper monitor or enforcement of the act in the state.

The state government had failed to prescribe the competent authority to grant recognition for CBSE schools on the basis of the RTE Act.

Maharasthra Admission process to begin February

Nagpur: The admission process for the Academic Session of 2015-16 under the Right to Education (RTE) will begin from the first week of February 2015. This time the admissions will be on-line. This was informed by State Director of Education (Primary) Pune Mahavir Mane. He conveyed the same to the Primary Education Officer Kishore Chaudhary and other officials through Video-Conferencing.

Apprehension

Till date, many officials of the education department and students and parents were apprehensive if the admission under RTE will be on-line or not. With the delay in directions and decisions from the government, scholars were of the opinion that the HSC examinations are beginning from February 21, 2015 while the SSC Examination are set to begin from March 3, 2015 and the Principals and Headmasters will be busy in preparation of conducting the examinations. In such a situation the process of admission in on-line format will not be possible.

Admissions completed

If sources are to be believed, the scheduled admissions in most of the small or big private schools are already completed in the month of December. Now these schools will have to restart the admission process under Right to Education. Many opined that the RTE should have been scheduled in the month of December. It is now mandatory for schools to admit at least 25% students from poor and economically weaker sections of the society. This is made mandatory to ensure that even poor students get an opportunity to study in reputed schools.

Centres to be opened

According to information, the Education Department will have to open several Centres to complete the admission process in on-line format. For this schools will have to provide information to the Education Department about the 25% reserved seats. In this order, for the first time in Nagpur, the on-line admissions are going to take place in the first week of February.

Ensuring Transparency

Admissions under RTE will be beneficial to students. There will be transparency in the admissions claimed Mahammed Shaheed Sharif of the RTE Action Committee.